STAR Transit is a public bus transportation service, offering bus transportation in Kaufman County, Rockwall County, Mesquite, Balch Springs, Seagoville, Hutchins and DeSoto. Anyone residing in our Service Area may ride STAR Transit. Destinations could include job locations, educational facilities, non-emergency medical appointments, senior centers, and career-training facilities. We can take you to run errands and to visit friends as well.
STAR Transit’s history began in May 1980 when Kaufman County Senior Citizens Services, Inc. began providing aging and transportation services to Kaufman County.
- 1988: Began operating as Kaufman Area Rural Transit (KART)
- 2005: KART began providing public transportation to Rockwall County
- 2009: Began services to Medicaid clients in Ellis and Navarro County
- 2011: KART officially became STAR Transit
- 2012: STAR Transit launched a fixed route in Kaufman
- 2013: STAR Transit’s service area expanded to the city of Seagoville
- May 2014: STAR Transit’s service area expanded to the city of Balch Springs
- Oct 2014: STAR Transit began providing public transportation in Mesquite
- Jan 2015: STAR Transit began operating DART Express Bus Route 282 (COMPASS)
- June 2015: Launched the Balch Springs Midtown Express Bus Route
- Aug 2016: Launched the Seagoville Express Bus Route
- Feb 2017: Launched Hutchins Shuttle
- Nov 2017: Implemented new fare structure
- Dec 2017: Launched The Link, Terrell Bus Routes 803 and 804
- April 2018: Launched DeSoto Demand Response and Bus Route 501
- November 2019: Launched STARNow App/Micro-Transit in Mesquite & Terrell
STAR Transit is a political sub-division of the state of Texas and provides over 200,000 rides per year. STAR Transit services are provided with a fleet of 65 vehicles which are all ADA-compliant.
Provide transportation to ALL individuals.
Provide affordable and convenient transportation to the general public for access to goods and services, with a high quality, well trained, attractive, convenient and efficient staff, operators and fleet.
AWARDS, RECOGNITION & CERTIFICATIONS:
Texas Transit Association—2019—Outstanding Rural Transit System
Texas Transit Association—2019—Rising Star Award—Tommy Henricks
LogistiCare (Medicaid Transportation) – Provider of the Year 2017
Seagoville Chamber of Commerce – Business of the Year 2017
Balch Springs Chamber of Commerce — 2016 Medium Business of the Year
Texas Transit Association—2012—Outstanding Rural Transit System
Texas Chamber of Commerce Executives—2011—Best new Chamber of Commerce program in Texas Economic Development Award (Kaufman Trolley)
Lone Star Award—Best Grassroots Education Campaign—Omega Hawkins
CTTA—Certified Safety & Security Officer Certification—Valerie Ashurst