2008 Program of Work
to accomplish in 2008
LEGISLATIVE Initiatives :
- Project – Work toward seamless mass transit for the area.
- Project – Re-establish a Call-to-Action network to get legislative results.
- Project – Seek Governor Perry’s appointment of Grady Smithey to a seat on the Texas Transportation Commission.
- Project – Continue to Host T.G.I.F. Legislative breakfasts for Federal, State, and County elected officials during 2008.
- Project – Participate with Metroplex Chambers of Commerce in the Dallas Area Legislative Coalition.
BUSINESSDEVELPMENT Initiatives :
- GOAL – Assist sponsoring Chambers of Commerce and Economic Development Corporations in growing business in our area.
- Project – Continue to protect local determination for 4a & 4b sales tax uses.
- Project – Sponsor quarterly luncheons hosted by the combined chambers of commerce, bringing high interest speakers to our area.
P U B L I C R E L A T ION S /MA R K E T I N G I n i t i a t i v e s :
- GOAL – Seek to make the Best Southwest name better known in the Metroplex and beyond through participation.
- GOAL – Seek positive editorial news coverage in Metroplex media.
- Project – Form a publicity committee.
- Project – Update our web site to make it a more informative and useful tool for the public to find information on the area.
- Project – Produce a calendar of events of area chamber events to be published on www.bestsouthwest.org
E D U C A T ION I n i t i a t i v e s :
- GOAL – Promote lifelong learning opportunities for the area.
- GOAL – Support establishment of the UNT Dallas campus in southern Dallas County.
- GOAL – Support business involvement in “It’s About Our Community” initiatives.
- Project – Provide support for logistics, international trade and sustain ability programs at area colleges and universities.
- Project – Provide a briefing to members of City Councils on our activities.